Toyota’s slogan: “We build people before we build cars“
Training with title „Toyota’s Production System / Lean and man“.
Our expert: more than 550 participants, 20 firms, coporate and open trainings, 20 years‘ experience in automotive industry and LEAN.
If you want to become familiar with and understand:
- why Toyota has the best corporate culture in the world and why they are called the most people oriented enterprise,
- at Toyota, their way of thinking is quite the opposite to that of „western” executives, and why they are still right and what can we learn from that.
- the lecturer presents a lot of his own examples
- what LEAN tools he has developed and applied with success
- how these tools can be used efficiently by an executive and by a staff member
- why an executive’s exemplary conduct and support is indispensible in propagating corporate LEAN
If you want to be given a comprehensive picture about LEAN, and your interest has been aroused by the contents above…:
- Meaning of business paradigm.
- What does Toyota know which makes it different even from other Japanese firms? And the Chinese?
- Western vs. TPS (Toyota Production System),
- Do you control your work or does your work control you?
- Jidoka: incorporated quality (autonomation)
- Corporate culture: comparison of „Western” and Toyota ways of thinking.
- Organisation turned upside down.
- What should we focus on: processes or financial results?
- What do we expect from executives, shift supervisors, team leaders?
- Not like rabbit, more like tortoise…
- If it has not gone wrong, still do it even better!
- Toyota‘s problem solving way of thinking
- Good at the first go!
- 5S and visual management
- Let’s create value (value vs. waste 7+1)
- Pull production
- Quality assurance
- Have encountered a problem? Very good! You have already done the first step to solve it. Problems should be solved at the level where they arise ; let’s look for their root.
- Multifunctional colleagues
- The highest integrity is when you admit your fault and can also offer solution how to prevent it from re-occurrence in the future.
- Hiring and integrating: just like a good gardener does
- Shift supervisors as small entrepreneurs?
- Make decisions slowly, by consensus, after thorough consideration of all possibilities!
- Why are we afraid of employee loyality?
- JIT (Just in Time)
- Kaizen (continuous improvement)
- TPM (Total productive maintenance) rudiments
- Corporate quality = executives‘ quality?
- Slow progress, conservativism and still extraordinary flexibility.
- What has Toyota learned from the „West”, and how has integrated it in its way of thinking, and how has improved on those elements? Motivation and incentive theories a bit otherwise
- People, managers, hiring, integration
- Reversed T model, i.e. as you make your bed….
- Production according to Takt Time
- Education of managers from in-house resources.
- „You may pay now or you may pay later, but you will pay some time!”
- Now, let’s model it!
- VSM (Value Stream Mapping) rudiments.
- Heijunka (leveled production).
- Poka – Yoke (failure proof)
- Cell system production.
- Production in large lots vs. one-piece flow.
- SMED (Product changeover within 10 minutes).
- Standard obeying work.
- Care about people, i.e. the best corporate culture in the world.
…then you are welcome at the training!
Participants have said:
My most important realizations and experiences during the training
- „It is a sin not to learn this!“
- „The best qualification for me is that I started to have ideas about my own job already during the training.“
- „I have to rethink managerial behaviour and position.“
- „I have to change and learn to produce an effect on people.“
- „The introduction of Lean is possible / necessary outside production as well.“
- „The topics and set-up of the training: practical drills.“
- „The shortcomings of the firm managed by myself.“
- Further participant feedback
What was most liked in the training:
- ”The questions – answers style presentation promoted the arising of thoughts”
- “We should not expect the development of the firm only of our managers, but we ourselves can do a lot. (an on-line operator)”
- “I was given reply to each detail of my existing obscure LEAN knowledge”
- “Good atmoshphere, illuminating games, expressive examples.”
- “From the manner of the lecture it feels that the lecturer is not only speaking about it, but means it and integrates it in his everyday work.”
- “What possibilities are hidden in working together! I will change my order of values in relation to my subordinates.”
- “The best were the “games”, I was not given merely a dull material.”
- Further participant feedback
Ask for our offer!